Now more than ever, ongoing emotional support is needed. Psychotherapy Associates of Chicago (PAC) is offering online therapy with any of our licensed therapists.
With the continued COVID-19 crisis, you may be facing economic hardship, fragmented focus, health concerns, homeschooling frustrations, loneliness and other complicated factors. We get it and are here for you.
We help you confront fears, acknowledge struggles and develop healthier strategies so you can live with greater courage, connection and meaning. We are all in this together!
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM ONLINE COUNSELING:
- Online therapy, online counseling and teletherapy all have the same meaning. They are just like in-person therapy appointments except that they use a secure, HIPAA-compliant video service from your home
- These video sessions, like traditional therapy, are conducted by your chosen licensed therapist in real time
HOW DOES ONLINE PSYCHOTHERAPY WORK?
- Schedule your session using our appointment scheduler or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- New clients may choose from any of our experienced, licensed therapists. Existing clients can continue working with their current clinician
- Prior to your session, you will receive an automated email reminder with a link
- No special software is required, just click on the secure link and you will be connected to your therapist via video from the comfort and safety of your home
- You have the option of either using your computer’s internet browser or downloading the “Simple Practice” app onto your smartphone. Both options are fully secure and HIPAA compliant.
Yes, teletherapy for Chicago and Illinois residents is currently covered by BCBS PPO, Aetna, Cigna and UBH. Deductibles and copayments may apply. If you have questions regarding your insurance coverage, please email email@example.com.
We have two easy options. Book online using our appointment scheduler or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about our licensed therapists and their specialties here.
Online therapy is just like an in-person session in terms of length of session, how it is conducted, and what is discussed. However, prior to your appointment time, clients will receive a link to securely access the video session.
The online therapy session thru the video service is fully secure and HIPAA compliant.
PAC is offering a number of lower-cost sessions for clients who are facing financial hardship due to the current crisis. Please email for more details.
Why PAC for psychotherapy?
We are here to help people. It’s what we do and who we are. We don’t feel the need to rattle off clinical jargon, write for academic journals or pretend we’ve got all the answers.
We listen with an open heart and help you see options, find clarity, address issues. Your concerns guide our therapeutic approach. We each have diverse specialties so you can choose one of our licensed therapists that fits you. Sometimes you instantly click with a therapist. Other times, you don’t. We want to make sure people get the help they need, even if that means referring you to someone outside our practice.
Our Chicago community has counted on our psychotherapy practice for over 20 years. It’s a true privilege knowing that we have created a highly respected resource for our neighbors. We are an inclusive practice serving individuals, couples and families of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races and ethnicities. All are welcome.