Find Peace Again
You are not alone. We are living in anxiety-inducing times. Our therapists can help you stop the relentless cycle of worries dominating your life.
Everyone experiences anxiety and worry differently. Some people have intense panic and others have forms of high-functioning anxiety. You may have tried explaining your anxieties and was told to “stop worrying about it.” Although we cannot turn off our thoughts or feelings, we can find a way to feel peace again from common forms of worry, like:
- Sleepless nights, unable to stop thinking about what needs to be done.
- Rehashing conversations or situations endlessly in your head, unable to let them go.
- Thinking about all the ways in which things could go wrong and “what-ifs”.
- Avoiding social gatherings, travel, work events, or doctors’ appointments because of fear.
- Sudden, intense feelings of panic in your body.
You can show up for life
Some of these scenarios may feel familiar. Or none of them. Real or imagined, it doesn’t make a difference. How you experience anxiety is what matters. Counseling can help you work through your triggers and your thoughts so you can embrace life more fully.
Psychotherapy provides a safe place to:
- Explore your fears or whatever else is standing between you and enjoying your life fully.
- Let go of the old behaviors and ways of thinking that keep you from doing what you want to do.
- Identify thoughts before they spin out of control in your mind.
- Feel understood and supported by experienced therapists who understand anxiety.
Feel like yourself again
Since the pandemic began, 33% of Americans meet the criteria for anxiety. Even before COVID, most folks experienced the occasional episode of anxiety. You certainly know what it’s like. It’s no fun to feel so restless, physically sick or preoccupied with worry that you can’t enjoy life. Many have been haunted by it for so long that they’ve forgotten how to relax and feel hope for a brighter tomorrow.
Our anxiety counselors are trained in all forms of worry, regardless of how it presents itself. You’re not a label to us, you’re someone seeking understanding, acceptance, support, guidance, empowerment. That’s what our anxiety therapy is about. Life is meant to be enjoyed and you are worthy of happiness and connection.
Onsite & Online Therapy
Psychotherapy Associates of Chicago provides onsite & HIPAA-compliant teletherapy sessions. Although in-person sessions are generally preferable, an online therapist can be a great option when this is not possible. Contact us for more information.
Why PAC for Anxiety Psychotherapy?
We don’t use clinical jargon or write for academic journals; we are here to help people. Our approach doesn’t work for everyone, nor should it. It just needs to work for you. Your concerns guide our therapeutic approach. We each have diverse specialties so you can choose one of our licensed therapists that fits you. Sometimes you instantly click with a mental health counselor. Other times, you don’t. We get that and work to find you the best match.
Our Chicago community has counted on our psychotherapy practice for over 20 years. The on-site & online therapy services we provide range from individual therapy, couples therapy, mindfulness and child therapy. It’s a true privilege knowing that we have created a highly respected resource for our neighbors. We are an inclusive practice serving individuals, couples and families of all ages, genders, sexual orientations and ethnicities. All are welcome.